At Scone Palace, we take your privacy seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our customers we want you to understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This data collection statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it and how to correct or change it.
Where we have your consent to do so, we may use the information to contact you or keep you informed of products or services that may interest you such as special promotions, products or news. This contact may take the form of email or other methods.
1. Collection of personal data Stormont Trading collects personal data from a variety of sources including the www.scone-palace.co.uk website, visitor book, comments forms, competitions, ticket bookings, exhibitions, seminars, emails and personal telephone calls. None of this data is collected without the user’s permission. Information that is collected includes names, contact details, preferences and commercial information.
2. Use of data The data is used to provide the recipient with relevant information on Scone Palace and Great Scotland™ products and services, a regular newsletter or any other information they requested. The data is never sold or rented to 3rd parties.
3. 3rd Party Lists From time to time Stormont Trading may acquire personal data from third parties for use by Scone Palace or Stormont Trading customers. The lists opt-in and permission gathering mechanism are closely examined to determine they meet all UK and European legal requirements before they are the used. The list owner must demonstrate that individuals have been notified of the proposed disclosure and they have given positive consent for this use.
4. Refusal of personal data The provision of your personal data is entirely optional and intended to help us serve you better.
5. Viewing personal data At any time you may request to view the personal data that we have stored. You may also ask for your data to be removed or to opt-out of any of our communications.
6. Data Protection Act 1998 and the Data Protection Registrar Stormont Trading is registered with the data protection register and fully comply with the regulations defined by the 1998 act. All data is stored on our secure servers located at Scone Palace, Perth.
7. Email tracking
How and why do we collect information about you?
At certain points during your visit to our website, we may ask you to enter personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. You may also be asked whether you consent to use of that data and for what purposes. We will not use your data except to fulfill a request you make when disclosing those details, or if you consent.
Data Collection Statement
This data collection statement sets out how Scone Palace and Stormont Trading comply with European Union data protection requirements. Any changes to these policies will be posted on our website www.scone-palace.co.uk