We are currently recruiting for a variety of positions, please see below.
This role would suit a part qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ICAS)
The successful candidate will be able to domonstrate strong experience, current and relevant IT skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines. The Accounts Department comprises a small team and good communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work with confidentiality in mind at all times.
Duties will include use of accountancy software (Landmark), accurate invoice and payment processing, cash-counting and banking, bank reconciliations, VAT returns, drafting management accounts and handling general accounts enquiries and producing financial reports.
The successful candidate must:
· Have relevant accounting experience
· Have excellent IT skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
· Have previous experience of using computerised accountancy systems
· Have a working knowledge and understanding of VAT
· Have excellent communication skills and be capable of demonstrating a professional and courteous relationship with managers, staff, suppliers and customers alike
· Have keen attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality
· Demonstrate a methodical approach to tasks
· Work well within a small team
· Be able to follow instructions and adhere to procedures without constant supervision
· Have a flexible approach; be prepared to assist with other duties and to provide cover for colleagues’ holiday periods
An application form and job description can be downloaded below and returned to: Scone Palace, Perth, PH2 6BDor e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary £17,500 pa
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced gardener to join the team responsible for the maintenance and development of the historic gardens and grounds surrounding Scone Palace, a 5 star visitor attraction.
The successful applicant will work alongside volunteers and horticultural students and be involved in projects with the local community and schools taking place in the gardens.
The gardens and grounds contain a fine tree collection, Victorian Pinetum, maze, borders that contain an expanding plant collection and a Kitchen Garden that supplies fresh produce to the Palace catering team.
In what is an exciting period of the gardens history, the successful applicant will also be involved in work to preserve the designed landscape that surrounds the Palace.
Applicants should have an SVQ2 in Horticulture (or equivalent) as well as practical grounds/horticulture experience, PA1 and PA6 for chemical application and a full driving license.
Applicants must be self motivated, passionate about the presentation of the gardens and grounds, be a positive communicative team member and possess the drive to work unsupervised. Occasional weekend work will be required.
Interviews for this post will be held in the week commencing 25th March 2019.
For more information: download a detailed job description and application formbelow or contact 01738 554920
Do you enjoy meeting people and ensuring they receive the very best visitor experience?
Seasonal opportunities are available for highly motivated individuals committed to delivering excellent customer service at Scone Palace, a five star visitor attraction.
· Visitor Experience Guides
· Ticketing - Visitor Welcome Hosts
· Retail - General Visitor Assistants
· Catering - Hospitality Assistants
· Assistant Chef
· Grounds Staff
· Seasonal Receptionist
Scone Palace opens to the public daily 1st April to 31st October.
We require enthusiastic, committed people with an interest in Scotland’s past. Key skills to include: a genuine interest in working and engaging with the public, good communication, flexibility and the ability to work well within a team. Foreign language skills are desirable. A positive and helpful attitude is essential.
For further details, please download the job description you are interested in from the selecton below. Complete the application form and return it to email@example.com