Scone Palace is seeking a full-time Finance Administrator to carry out a range of book-keeping and administrative tasks to support our busy Finance office.
Finance Administrator, Scone Palace
Duties will include use of the accountancy software (Landmark), accurate invoice issuing and processing, cash-counting and banking, bank reconciliations, handling general accounts enquiries and producing financial reports.
The successful candidate must:
- Have experience of book-keeping and administration in a similar role;
- Have excellent IT skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Have previous experience of using a computerised accountancy system;
- Have knowledge and understanding of VAT;
- Have excellent communication skills and be capable of demonstrating a professional and courteous relationship with managers, staff, suppliers and customers alike;
- Have a keen attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrate a methodical approach to tasks;
- Work well within a small team;
- Be able to follow instructions and adhere to procedures without constant supervision;
- Have a flexible approach; be able to assist with other duties and to provide cover for colleagues' holiday periods.
As a 5 Star visitor attraction, welcoming over 100,000 visitors a year, we require a ‘can do’ attitude and a genuine commitment to quality standards and customer service. 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) Salary starting from £20,500 per annum DOEAn application form and job description can be downloaded below and returned to: Scone Palace, Perth, PH2 6BDTelephone: 01738 554920 or e-mail: email@example.com
Do you enjoy meeting people and ensuring that they receive the very best visitor experience?
We have the following fixed-term opportunities available for highly motivated individuals committed to delivering excellent customer service.
- VISITOR EXPERIENCE GUIDES
- TICKETING - VISITOR WELCOME HOSTS
- RETAIL ASSISTANTS
- COFFEE SHOP ASSISTANTS
- ASSISTANT CHEF
- HOSPITALITY ASSISTANTS (Functions)
- SEASONAL ADMINISTRATION/RECEPTION ROLE
Scone Palace is open to the public daily from 1st April - 31st October, therefore, weekend working will be required.
We are seeking enthusiastic, outgoing and professional people with an interest in Scotland's past. Key skills to include a genuine interest in working and engaging with the public, good communication skills, flexibility and the ability to work well within a team. Foreign language skills are desirable. A positive and helpful attitude is essential.
To apply for one of the positions listed above, please download the job description and application form below. Please send all completed applications to our HR Manager, Anne Conoboy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Anne Conoboy, HR Manager, Scone Palace, Perth, PH2 6BD. If you have any questions, please call 01738 554920.
# Note to all job applicants; our privacy notice can be viewed and downloaded at the foot of the page.
Retirement Benefits Scheme
The Trustee of the Scone Estates Retirement Benefits Scheme is required to publish its annual Chair’s Statement and the Statement of Investment Principles in respect of its ‘default arrangement’ for members with ‘money purchase’ benefits in the Scheme. The current versions of those documents are available to view by clicking on the links below.